What is testosterone?
- ā?Primary male sex hormone.
- Testosterone is produced mainly in the testes, small amount made in the adrenal glands.
- The brain's hypothalamus and pituitary gland control testosterone production.
What does it do?
- ā?Muscle size and strength
- Bone growth and strength
- Sex drive (libido)
- Improved mood
Low testosterone? What are the effects on training?
- Lower red blood cell count
- Harder to produce and assemble proteins to repair muscle
- Lower energy levels
What is affecting testosterone levels?
- Exercise and fitness levels
Working on these things, will have the biggest impact on not only your test levels, but overall performance and recovery in training
Hope you've all gained something from this post!
Part 2 we will be staying on hormones but we will touch base on Oestrogen and it’s affects on the body!